Our legal research and writing services are provided by a lawyer licensed in the State of Oklahoma and the Western District of Oklahoma and who has over seven years of experience practicing law. We are proficient in hard-copy research; computerized research, such as WestLaw, LexisNexis, and Fastcase; and relevant style guides, such as The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation and the Chicago Manual of Style.
Services Include the Following:
- Legal research.
- Trial and appellate briefs.
- Office memos (addressed to lawyers).
- Opinion letters (addressed to clients).
- Feature articles.
- Legal blogs (“blawgs”).
Description of Our Legal Research & Writing Process:
- Understand the purpose of the writing project. There are important distinctions in purpose, style, and tone between predictive writing (office memos and opinion letters) and persuasive writing (trial and appellate briefs).
- Combine computerized research with hard-copy research that addresses primary authority, secondary authority, and other helpful sources.
- In addition to a well-reasoned argument section, include introduction and conclusion sections that state the issues and opinions clearly and concisely.
- Write with an appropriately confident tone that is neither too arrogant nor too tentative.
- Provide additional editing services to ensure that the text is well-written, free from errors, and complies with relevant citation and style guide requirements.
Our rate for our legal research and writing services is $30 per hour.